Monday 19 May 2014

A geek of many crafts, master of none.

Hello and welcome to World of Geekcraft.

I have tried to keep up with many a blog but none of them I have ever been really passionate about, mostly weight loss.

This one is a little different to those. I enjoy being crafty, more specifically anything that is a little geeky. I have been a geek for many years now; I still remember being sat at the new family PC learning how to use word, excel and run games via MS-DOS while my friends were playing football outside on the field (this was almost 20 years ago).

My first interest in crafts was baking, I became obsessed with cupcake baking several years ago. I spent a long time practising my skills and eventually started selling my cakes. Due to an over-saturated market I had to drop the decision pretty quick, I also became frustrated at how much family time it took away from me too.

I still wanted something crafty to do, I was hoping to be able to do something at home that I could sell and help bring some funds into the household. This is when I was introduced to a Youtuber called Dodger by a friend. Besides being a gamer, she makes awesome geeky craft items. As soon as I finished watching all of her videos I decided that this is what I wanted to do.

I planned to sell these items but soon lost interest because of the cost it would take to get a portfolio together in order to sell to people. I then figured out that it was the fact I wanted to make money from this that put me off, I wanted this as a hobby rather than to make a living.

This is when World of Geekcraft was conceived. I could quite easily incorporate a blog with my hobbies and show other people what I can make but more specifically how to make it themselves and what/where to buy.

Over the coming weeks I will add all my makes so far, with what you will need to make them, where I found the ideas so I can give credit where it is due and be able to answer any questions via the comments. It won't just be crafts I share but all my hobbies; so baking, gaming and my most recent desire: nail art. I can guarantee that it will all be geeky.

Please feel free to follow and share my blog, follow/like/subscribe to all the socials but bare in mind that I am still getting this up and running.

Thank you for reading.

Chammy

No comments:

Post a Comment